[NSRCA-discussion] Rhett Miller

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Mon Jun 12 17:50:00 AKDT 2006

On Jun 12, 2006, at 7:25 PM, Rcmaster199 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/12/2006 8:11:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> glmiller3 at cox.net writes:
> Hi Ron,
>
> Whatever happpened to Rhett?  I flew pattern back in the 70's in that
> circuit--I was flying novice and advanced back then- when Rhett,
> Ron Chidgie
> (sp), Don Lowe, Dave Brown and other now legendary names were
> flying...I
> actually won my class in your contest a couple of years back
> then...Anyway,
> I thought I saw Rhett in Dallas in the early 90's...I was just
> sport flying
> but I thought I saw him come into a hobby shop there...never saw
> him flying
> and haven't heard a word about him since the 70's  - I sure did
> like to
> watch him fly back then!
> He returned to pattern briefly in the late 80s with a borrowed
> plane. He flew in my club contest, back in the Ft Worth area, 2
> years running as I recall. Then he left the pattern scene and that
> was the last I heard

Rhett actually didn't retire then.  He borrowed an airplane from Ron
Chidgey and came to the 1991 F3A Team Selection Finals that I CD'd.
He did not make the finals.  I think he still lives in Texas.  I
haven't seen him since.  His father, also called Rhett still lives in/
near Tallahassee, FL.

Ron Van Putte