[NSRCA-discussion] Masters - Humpy Bump w/ Pilot Option

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Sat Jun 10 06:36:59 AKDT 2006

Yup, you were screwed! Only thing to do at that point is gracefully take the
0 and set up for the next maneuver (like you did). The most common thing
that happens with the Humpty, and the thing that you really lneed to ook for
when judging, happens when there are 1/4 rolls on the lines. Here's what
happens: the pilot executes the first 1/4 roll on the up line, then pulls
(or pushes) over the top - OK so far. Now here's where you need to watch. If
the pilot makes a mistake and rolls the WRONG way on the downline the only
way to survive is to execute a 3/4 roll so they end up pointed in the right
direction for the PULL out. If you're sleeping in the judges chair you could
miss the error. Since the 1 in 15 rule applies, the maneuver is a 0. And
yes, I've made this mistake as a pilot, but NOT when I'm judging.

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com