[NSRCA-discussion] [SA] Help: Elevator Setup on JR10X

george w. kennie geobet at gis.net
Fri Jun 2 09:48:15 AKDT 2006

David,
Another thing you might want to consider is the orientation of the servo arm
positionally as installed on the two individual servos. The output spline on
the servo shaft has an odd number of teeth, making it possible for you to
reposition it to an position where the amount of sub-trim you have to employ
is minimized.Example:if you were using a futaba 4-leg output arm, you will
notice that they are numbered one to four. If you keep taking the arm off
and reinstalling it in a different position you will find that there is a
position that will give you almost perfect centering. In your situation if
you were using the output arm identified as number one on one elevator half
you would have to use an arm numbered (x, maybe number one)whatever will
give you the same degree of centering so that the sub-trim values will be
close to the same. I think the sub-trim values may be the culprit and not
necessarily the ATV. If you move the pushrod further out on the output arm
the discrepancy will be amplified and I would rather see you preserve your
resolution.
I know that I've been using Futaba as an example here, but I just counted
the teeth on a JR arm and the count is 23 as opposed to Futaba which is
29(as I recall), so I feel sure that the same principle is involved.
Hope this helps, but then again, I could be all wet.
Georgie