[NSRCA-discussion] Hacker gearbox( and other...)

Richard Strickland richard.s at allied-callaway.com
Fri Jun 2 08:53:40 AKDT 2006

That would be ideal-but that's not what we have-which lead to the discussion
of sealed bearings.  An issue that hasn't been mentioned is the dead spot
with the motor that allows it to oscillate on start-up occasionally-makes a
hell of a racket-and I think it is VERY tough on the gears and bearings.
That was with the standard settings available.  If you get the Hacker/Master
programming box, it gives quite a few more options-like a softer start and
expo throttle--+/- 1 degree advance, etc.(and it seems some controllers
ignore what your transmitter throttle curve looks like).  It's 50 bucks,
easy to use, and worth it.  It's a lot nicer(smoother) start and throttle
response IMHO.

Richard S.