[NSRCA-discussion] Remote Glow Trouble

Pascoe,Tim [Burlington] Tim.Pascoe at ec.gc.ca
Mon Jul 31 12:04:05 AKDT 2006

I recently put a remote glow system on my Mintor 1.70, but haven't yet
managed to get it to work. Following some suggestions from the list, I
carefully removed the anodizing on the inside of the head, where it
seats on the rim of the sleeve. I'm getting a closed circuit, according
to my igniter, but apparently the current is not high enough to get the
plug hot enough to start the engine. I used fairly heavy silicone
wrapped wire (similar to that used for RC Car batteries), and I'm
wondering if perhaps this is causing too much resistance? The remote is
grounded on a mounting bolt of the engine. 'm using an older Radio South
Pro-Driver MKII, and get 4 lights when the remote is connected. Can I
boost the power to the plug somehow? Or should I change another part of
the installation? It uses a specially machined collar to lock on the
glow plug tip with set screws, and a standard 2.5mm power jack through
the fuse side.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim Pascoe