[NSRCA-discussion] YS140DZ idle question

Ed White edvwhite at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 30 13:47:56 AKDT 2006

Mike,

  What happens when you try to idle at lower rpm?  Does it just slow  down and die (rich) or speed up and then die (lean)?  On mine the  regulator has a pretty strong effect.  That yours has no effect  makes me suspect the regulator.  Have you dissassembled it?   Better might be to send it back to YS.  The regulator should have  a big effect on idle.  Other things to check are the ring wear and  bearing.

  Ed

  Pattern slop soaring - hmm that sounds good right about now, just back from a boiled in the midwest contest.

Michael Cohen <precisionaero at comcast.net> wrote:              OK list, I have a question for you.  I have a   140DZ that will not idle below 2300ish RPM.  Richard Lindberg and I have   adjusted the regulator, but it appears to have little or no effect.  I   might be able to get one flight in, but eventually, on a down line, it will die   and 7 dead sticks are not that fun to try.   Full power seems to hold   just fine.  We figured there might be an air leak, and that is why it   seemed to idle worse after a warm up flight, so I replaced the valve cover   gasket and the other gaskets at the backplate, but that did not seam to make a   difference.  Anybody got any ideas besides the usual   OS/Webra/Mintor/E-power/power slope soaring comments?