[NSRCA-discussion] Break-in procedure for OS140

WAYNE wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Mon Jul 17 15:13:18 AKDT 2006

Colin,

I had it on my Aries till it met an untimely death by collison with the swamp in Nedeland.
If was kind of errie to say the least.  Much like and electric setup.  It did not spool up or unload like the smaller props.
On the verticals at 5/8 to 3/4 throttle and then advancing to full throttle to did not accelerate but the extra 1/4 throttle helped like in the avalanche or taller manuevers.  Downlines were much,much better then a 17x12 and landings are a piece of cake.  I often found myself advancing the throttle a tick just before the pull out of a downline.  The Mejlik is lighter the an APC prop so I didnt notice a lot of spool up difference.   Only drw back is the price of the prop and it takes the right bushing to fit on the OS crankshaft.  TRY it and I think you will like it.   When it gets warmer out I noticed it getting a little warmer then usual so I opened th top end a click or two to richen it and that seemd to help keep it cooler.

I think as Mike Harrison has found with the 18.1 x10 apc wide blade that going to these larger props really helps with speed control.  He is I believe experimenting with a 18.5x9 wide blade APC.

Good Luck

Wayne Galligan