[NSRCA-discussion] Ideas?

Buff Miller fmiller2 at sc.rr.com
Fri Jul 14 19:25:02 AKDT 2006

To eliminate the possibility of loose baffles in the pipe, do a water flow
test.  I had a similar problem last year with my 140 RX and it turned out it
was the baffles.

Filling the pipe with water and then timing how long it took to empty itself
yielded 16 seconds for the bad pipe, new pipe; 4 seconds.  I eventually
performed an autopsy on the suspicious pipe and yes two of the three baffles
had broken loose.

If two engines display similar maladies, the problem must be outside of the
engines.

Buff