[NSRCA-discussion] Snaps

R. LIPRIE RLIPRIE at centurytel.net
Sat Jul 8 19:54:29 AKDT 2006

Ya Rc master,

        After I sent you that email I refreshed myself on some books. And turns out it will snap both directions. But (sometimes) it depends on the airplane. And like Nat was saying (the outboard wing is seeing a huge increase in AOA with the aileron and elevator working cooperatively. Even though the inboard wing is experiencing lower flow it is being washed out by the ailerons.

And at the stall it is definitely necessary to accept a dumping of lift. And also the curves on the wing and plus drag. Is a major factor in a snap roll.

Matt