[NSRCA-discussion] gas prices????

Chad Northeast chadnortheast at shaw.ca
Fri Jul 7 11:37:23 AKDT 2006

No offense but you guys really shouldn't be complaining, your expesive gas is cheap for many others :)

Estimates put Canadian oil reserves as the second largest in the world next to Saudi.  The oil sands just a few hours north of where I sit are estimated to be the single largest petroleum field in the world.

Yet our gas prices are at least $1-$1.08/liter....and climbing...and Calgary is cheap compared to many places.

$3US/gal works out to roughly $.896/liter for us.....I have not seen prices that low in close to a year.

If you wanna make $15/hr flippin burgers...Calgary is the place to do it lol. (I am not kidding either).  Most trades can easily make $100K/yr or more.  I know of companies paying 4-6% raises every three months just to keep people around.

So ya the gas is expensive...but the perk of having high oil prices and big booming economy is making up for it here....at least for now :)

Chad