[NSRCA-discussion] Toyota

Larry N Lisa lld613 at psci.net
Wed Jan 25 09:04:29 AKST 2006

OK...Tried to stay out of this because it was about wanting a plane
hauler...Just hit a nerve...

I'm a patriot - retired from the US Navy.

What is it called when someone swears by american made vehicles in the
name of patriotism and buys a foreign made pattern plane and foreign
made equipment just to haul it in an american made vehicle????

I work at the plant where the Sienna is made, Toyota-Princeton, IN. It
is also made in the Georgetown, KY plant if I'm not mistaken...

I previously worked for an electronic mfg contract company in the same
local area and was let go becuase my customer and my company moved
multi-million dollar contracts off-shore (American made). So I was let
go because my salary was no longer supported along with 150 others
with-in a couple of months.

I was out of work for about 1-1/2 years because I refused to relocate
and my electronics and management experience resulted in either being
over qualified or my electronics background didn't cross over to the
wood industry.

It took 1 year from the time I applied to go through the process of
being hired by Toyota. 1 out of 10 applicants make it through the
process. Very tough and demanding screening process just to get hired.

In summary, no American company would offer me a chance and I felt
somewhat betrayed by my previous american employer. Toyota has offered
me an opportunity for a career along with over 5,000 other employees
in the area. It is considered the best place to work and is the top
paying wages of any company in the area. There isn't a union and most
likely will never be. The UAW has tried, but it's tough for a union to
get a foot hold when Toyota already takes care of the workers on their
own.

I don't own a Toyota right now because I bought both vehicles before
working at Toyota. However, from seeing the folks that work hard to
earn the reputation and put the quality in each and every vehicle
going out the door, I will buy Toyota for my next purchase.

Oh, Just curious how American my Chevys are when they both take metric
tools to work on them? I would say as much of the American vehicles
are made in the USA as Toyota's Tundra line / Sequoia/ and the Sienna.
They are only made at Princeton or Georgetown and exported out of the
US.

PS...If you buy a 2006 Tundra or Sequia anywhere, there is a 50/50
chance I built on it and a 100% chance that you helped fund my pattern
flying...(vbg)  Enjoy the quality!!!!

Larry