[NSRCA-discussion] Fuel Soaked Balsa

Jim Oliver nsrca_1133 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 22 11:54:03 AKST 2006

Eric,
  I forgot to mention, there is a material called "whiting" that is used in the gunsmith trade to remove soaked in oil from stocks.  Available from Brownell's in Iowa.  I can give you phone number and item number if you need it.

  Jim Oliver

Erik Newsholme <bladesmith at mindspring.com> wrote:
        Trying to recover the bottom of a Focus II.  Problem is fuel soaked balsa is not letting the covering stick.

  Looking for a way to treat the wood to get the oil out it so the covering will stick.

  Erik Newsholme
  bladesmith at mindspring.com