[NSRCA-discussion] E Stuff

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Sat Jan 21 16:34:17 AKST 2006

On Jan 21, 2006, at 7:27 PM, Chad Northeast wrote:

> I think its always important to keep in mind that there is really never
> a guarantee of cycles, yes you can likely get 100 cycles out of a
> pack....but you can also just as likely get 20.  It all boils down to
> the end user!  I have seen guys destroy their YS's in a few flights
> because of improper running, while other guys get 100's.  The
> difference
> is it costs $100 to fix an engine and $600 to replace batteries!
> Mistakes will always be much more costly with electric, which is
> something that should always be taken into consideration.
>
> I dont think electric will be for everyone :)

Boy, that's a mouthful!  I have a rule regarding selling lithium
polymer batteries to customers:  If the guy says, "Oops!" a lot, I
don't sell him lithium polymer batteries.  The same guy who takes his
airplane off with the wrong model loaded in the transmitter is the same
guy who is likely to burn up his house or car with improper charging of
lithium polymer batteries.

Ron Van Putte