[NSRCA-discussion] 3M 170 bearings

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Sat Jan 14 12:26:36 AKST 2006

On Jan 14, 2006, at 3:12 PM, Steven Maxwell wrote:

>  You might need to change the bearings in the speed control too

I conduct monthly lubrication of all my speed controls.  Since I use
lithium polymer batteries exclusively, I use marine grade lithium
grease applied with an aerosol can.  Regular lubrication significantly
reduces bearing wear and virtually eliminates the requirement to change
the bearings in a speed control.  In fact, I have never changed the
bearings in any of my speed controls.

Ron Van Putte