[NSRCA-discussion] Equipment cost andpartiicpation --

Pascoe,Tim [Burlington] Tim.Pascoe at ec.gc.ca
Tue Feb 28 08:10:00 AKST 2006

Has the cost of competing really gone up that much? Or travel for that
matter? I know the actual $$ spent has increased, but related to cost of
living increases, I wonder if the real problem isn't what Bob mentioned
in the second part of his post - we have far more competing interests
now, which ultimately equates to less disposable income for one
particular thing.

Case in point - I know one individual at one of the clubs I fly at who
routinely designs, builds, and flies 2-3 new aircraft a year. All
small/mid-sized IMAC style, but not cheap either. However, he has no
other hobbies, and spends all available free time at the field or in the
shop. Very few of us actually have that luxury.....  :-(

Tim Pascoe