[NSRCA-discussion] NiMH follow up

George Kennie geobet at gis.net
Tue Feb 28 06:29:42 AKST 2006

Hi John,
Thanks for the kind words, but I have the same struggles grasping
some of this stuff as anybody else (probably quite a bit more). Take
this battery stuff. I can't understand why it is that if I take my
500 ma pak and connect it to my 50 ma wall charger for 10 hours it
isn't fully charged?????  Why is it necessary to charge it for 16
hours and try to stuff 800 ma into that little package
(hmmm,......maybe that's why those lipos swell up that way??? BG ).
I'm aware that when I fast charge my Tx pak, if I can get it off the
charger about 3-5 minutes before that buggar reaches peak, the
voltage will read 12 volts, but if I leave it on past peak the
voltage will be depressed to 11.4 or even 11.2. So why the heck
would we want to charge for 16 hours when the max voltage probably
occurs somewhere around 10 hours?????????(I'm guessing).
You and Ed have a really good handle on this stuff, but I don't !!!!

Georgie