[NSRCA-discussion] Was Mini Brio, Now Pattern Longitevity

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Sun Feb 26 14:29:11 AKST 2006

Eric:
By all means be advised that I am in no way criticizing what you did; it was
yeoman work, and I, for one, have no idea how you covered all the bases you
did for us.  Additionally, I will never be able to thank you enough for all
your help when I was trying to get broken in on running the flight line on
Monday.  You did all the judging required of you, as well as at least half
of my work on the Masters' "B" line.  Talk about getting thrown in a briar
patch.......... but that's enough of THAT story!<G>
What I had hoped to see was more coverage for the masses in Model Aviation.
While the internal coverage at the Muncie site was great, with the "day's
dispatches" and all the work/expense that was entailed, Model Aviation,
being our "at large" publication preaches to the masses: just the folks we
want to "shotgun" to keep our sport in the forefront.  Will we get a lot of
converts through MA?  Probably not, but at least they would be more aware
that our little corner of modeling exists.  I still believe that the best
bet is "hands on" as advocated and practiced by Georgie Kenney and Carl
Zavalney, to name a couple that come instantly to mind.  And, I feel that
the best is probably yet to come, with the interesting technical advances
showing up.
BTW: I still have all the "daily dispatches" from the NATS.  Still
interesting reading.
My major thrust here is the same as voiced by all the rest of us, including
the song you've been singing for years:  Grow Pattern!

Bill Glaze