[NSRCA-discussion] NiMH Question

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 24 10:21:40 AKST 2006

I could be wrong, but I think they may have been using germanium diodes back then to get the lowest possible junction drop.  You've got to weigh the benefit of messing with all those solder joints, heating the cells etc against maybe just going with a redundant pack.  Plus you have to be pretty careful about routing the diode leads and bodies to avoid shorts and possibly having the thing wear against the insulating wrap on the cells.  You can get the weights right with smaller packs etc. and just do two to get your reliability up.

Ed