[NSRCA-discussion] Hamburg Contest

Alan Hewson hewson5 at on.aibn.com
Sun Feb 19 16:07:51 AKST 2006

Would it make a difference if potential participants sent their entry fees
well in advance? It always seems that lots of people say they are coming and
then a good number of the find an excuse to not make it. Are all of the
people who say (in advance) they will come, prepared to put their money
where their mouths are? If you don't show up, the club still make a profit
on the event and the club will consider it for another year.
I will guarantee that most clubs that continually lose money on an event
will eventually discontinue that event. Guess what is happening? Thornton,
Ottawa, London, Brockport......are there more?
As for contest organisers........Charge a little more for entry fee. As
someone mentioned for Hamburg, for $30.00ish, you get WELL fed, lots of
prizes, plaques, free parking/camping, paved or grass runway. Sounds pretty
cheap to me. They probably need 35 competitors just to break even.......hmmm

Alan Hewson