[NSRCA-discussion] Smoke

Earl Haury ehaury at houston.rr.com
Sun Feb 19 07:24:18 AKST 2006

Has anyone experience with smoke generators that might be used to observe cooling airflows around motors / engines? I've experience with smoke wands / sticks, but the ones I'm familiar with produce corrosive / toxic smoke (and often way too much). I've also looked at the smoke generators used by the scale RC steamboat folks, but they don't seem to generate enough smoke. (I can get about the same with a soldering gun and flux / oil.) I'd really like a controllable wand that generated a fairly small stream of dense smoke. Any ideas?

Earl