[NSRCA-discussion] Electric vs. Glow

Earl Haury ehaury at houston.rr.com
Sat Feb 18 02:27:40 AKST 2006

Bob

Regenerative braking is the holy grail for hybrid E vehicles also. While the motor is an effective generator with the controls available, the issue is the ability of the batteries to accept the resulting high charge rate. Some systems have been designed using capacitors to smooth the flow, but large capacity requirements limits practicality. Of course with LiPo charge rates in the 1 - 3C range, this becomes even more problematic for our systems.

Earl