[NSRCA-discussion] Electric vs. Glow

Chad Northeast chad at f3acanada.org
Fri Feb 17 17:18:03 AKST 2006

I just recently capacity tested my 5300's....these packs I have flown
since June...have not been too kind to them.  Some have seen 90-93%
discharges on occasion....have been left fully charged for extended
periods, series charged without any ability to balance the packs
together during a charge, they have sat most of the winter without much
use (not good for lipos apparently)....etc etc.

Draw has been between 60-67A peak static depending on the setup I was
using over time.

At 60-70 cycles I am seeing a 3-5% drop in capacity and a 0.1V drop in
voltage in the useful range at 1C discharge compared to a fresh off the
shelf TP 5300 pack.  So I wont give any life predictions....I will let
those with more imgination than I come to their own conclusions for what
life I should expect :)

The ironic thing is the packs I know I heavily discharged were the
oldest most abused and also the ones with the lowest degredation :)

Anyways, may post the data later....for now I am back off building my
new ZN Twisters :)

Chad