[NSRCA-discussion] Electric vs. Glow

Michael Laggis fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net
Fri Feb 17 13:53:12 AKST 2006

I have been flying indoor electrics for 6 years.  I have been flying LiPolys
long before they were truly commercially available.  We bought individual
cells and made our own packs.  I have packs that have 100+ cycles easy.  I
understand the benefits of electrics.  I personally can't make the initial
jump into electrics

4 packs			$2960
2 chargers			 $400
Power Supplies		 $200
New Air Frame		$2500
2 Motors			?????
2 Speed Controllers	?????

Total Approx		$7000?

I know that with the amount I can fly all in a summer the equipment would
probably last me years.  It is just the initial dump of $7000 that I can't
lay out

Michael Laggis
NSRCA 3618