[NSRCA-discussion] SODA BOTTLE FUEL TANK

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Fri Feb 17 05:03:59 AKST 2006

I sent a few photo's over the net last night if Michael filters them through of how I used the bottle cap.   I just used the rubber stopper on the back side of the bottle cap and just drilled two holes in the cap and one in the middle and screwed it in place like a normal stopper.  You can not over tighten the cap on these bottles.  They just wont strip out and they will seal just fine.  They way to test for leaks is to fill the tank full and then draw fuel out of the tank but close off the vent line creating a vacuum.  You will see tiny air bubbles if there is a leak.  So don't throw away those old fuel tank stoppers.  I use the 8oz and 12 oz bottles for smaller airplanes too.

Wayne Galligan