[NSRCA-discussion] Cooling inlet/out sizes???

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 13 14:02:31 AKST 2006

Tim:
Good question - I don't know for sure what the best inlet size is.  I always made an approximation that has about 2/3 to 3/4 the area of the cylinder behind the intake, then I apply the 2.5 or greater rule of thumb for the outlet area.  BTW, that is 2.5 x the total intake, so if you have something taking in air for colling the crankcase, add that in too.  Not sure if this is optimal or not, but it has worked for me so far.

Ed