[NSRCA-discussion] MonoKote problems?

Stuart Chale schale at optonline.net
Sun Feb 12 15:53:50 AKST 2006

Not sure of this problem recently as I haven't bought any in many years, but
monokote has frequently had problems or maybe it just shows up because we
tend to use it more.  In years past I have had rolls that would shrink and
follow the surface like applying soft butter.  And then the other rolls that
acted more like you were trying to apply a piece of tinfoil and would not
apply smoothly.  Of course this was before the heat gun and mit technique.
The Topflight rep at the WRAM show said these rolls were fine as long as you
adhered them with an iron as they recommended :)

It seems that most ARF's that are covered with film do not use monokote.
Maybe they are on to something :)
Stuart