[NSRCA-discussion] YS DZ pump settings

Ed Deaver divesplat at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 11 20:16:07 AKST 2006

Hey Matt.  He has the OS "rock" clunk.  Hasn't ever used the YS clunk.

  ed

Rcmaster199 at aol.com wrote:
         Has he checked for the obvious things first? It sounds like foam.

  MattK

  \
  \In a message dated 2/11/2006 10:56:57 PM Eastern Standard Time, divesplat at yahoo.com writes:
    My buddy has a 140DZ and is having problems.  CoolPower 30% Heli fuel, 16.5x12.5W prop, flying at sea level.

  We had been using Magnum DZ but his header kept getting plugged, so switched fuel.

  Now he is having problems with it backfiring.  He lost his spinner the other day, and another time it was held on only by a thread or so on the spinner bolt.

  He has tried richening up the pump(turning in) and has also tried running it blubbery rich(2.25 turns out)

  On the ground, it starts easily, runs well he states, then soon as taking off, it begins to run ragged, and recently yeilding 10 of 10 dead sticks.

  Any suggestions??

  Thanx in advance

  ed