[NSRCA-discussion] YS DZ pump settings

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sat Feb 11 19:31:10 AKST 2006

Has he checked for the obvious things first? It sounds like  foam.

MattK

\
\In a message dated 2/11/2006 10:56:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
divesplat at yahoo.com writes:

My buddy has a 140DZ and is having problems.  CoolPower 30% Heli  fuel,
16.5x12.5W prop, flying at sea level.

We had been using Magnum DZ but his header kept getting plugged, so  switched
fuel.

Now he is having problems with it backfiring.  He lost his spinner  the other
day, and another time it was held on only by a thread or so on the  spinner
bolt.

He has tried richening up the pump(turning in) and has also tried running  it
blubbery rich(2.25 turns out)

On the ground, it starts easily, runs well he states, then soon as taking
off, it begins to run ragged, and recently yeilding 10 of 10 dead  sticks.

Any suggestions??

Thanx in advance

ed