[NSRCA-discussion] NSRCA Dues Increase

Del K. Rykert drykert2 at rochester.rr.com
Sat Dec 30 12:10:17 AKST 2006

I truly wonder how many have left the NSRCA because all classes don't get
the same treatment. I know over the years I have repeatedly had many new
members ask me why the lower classes have to pay the same price and not get
the same amount of fly time or treated by the same standards. I know now
with more not joining but filling the judging chairs are they as qualified
to judge as others who have joined the NSRCA and attended judging school?
Those that are showing up and competiting are typically stuck judging the
lower classes. Is that fair to the Sportsman and Advanced flyers? Not in my
book.  Does that disgust drive some away. I have never had anyone tell me
that to my face but never the less as it does exists it makes me question is
it fair.
    The rest of your post I do feel the NSRCA does offer many values to the
competitor. Many have already been addressed and a few others that aren't
always obvious.. Like helping support and obtain funds to send the US team
to the worlds. A Central clearing house for ideas and knowledge from many
member on this list that is worth more than its membership fee for the
savings in wasted expenditures that don't quite work or time troubling
shooting that others have already solved.

                 Del
          nsrca - 473