[NSRCA-discussion] Merry Christmas to me!!

Stuart Chale schale at optonline.net
Sat Dec 30 06:00:24 AKST 2006

OK I had to chime in.  I didn't own a computer until Win 3.1 was out.  But I
think I had the first commercial video game.  My Mother bought Magnavox
Odyssey for us after seeing it for the first time in a store.  I remember
thinking it was cool but not worth the $100 she paid for it at the time.
Pong used two paddles and a controller that could add English and curve the
ball.  However the ball went off the top and bottom of the TV.  No rebounds.
All graphics were supplied by plastic overlays that went on the TV.  It did
make some basic noises however :-)

Stuart

  _____