[NSRCA-discussion] Merry Christmas to me!!

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Fri Dec 29 21:48:45 AKST 2006

The stock TRS-80 (model 1) came as a level 1 system with 4k of ram. The level 2 system came with 16k. You could upgrade to 48k of ram, but you had to buy the expansion module to do this.

  I know Dean will understand this problem -- the CPU and 16k of ram was in the keyboard, the expansion module had the other 32k of ram, as well as the interfaces for RS232 and disk drive. There was unshielded ribbon cable connecting the two -- a real nightmare from an EMC standpoint. I've heard that the original TRS-80 model 1, as well as the Apple 1, were the reasons the FCC cracked down on computers since they interfered with TV reception.

  Bob R.

wgalligan <wgalligan at goodsonacura.com> wrote:

  v\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  o\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  w\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  .shape {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }              Then there was the TRS80  commonly known as the TRASH 80.   5.25 dual floppys. cant remember the memory capacity... but it wasn't good.

  Wayne G.