[NSRCA-discussion] Charger questions

precisionaero at comcast.net precisionaero at comcast.net
Wed Dec 27 07:08:32 AKST 2006

OK all, I have a question specifically about the Triton 2 and Triton Jr.  I have been using an Accucycle Elite and it had some features I guess I was expecting the Triton Jr to have.  The Triton Jr appears to be designed for 1C+ charging only since it has a time-out feature at 1.5 hrs for NiCD and NiMH batteries that can not be changed.  This prevents less than 1C cycling.  As I learned from this list, NiMH packs for receiver and/or transmitter applications like .1C charges.  I have found that my NiCD also prefer .1C charges.   So, my question is, on the Triton Jr, am I missing something or is it really intended for the bigger, high resistance flight type packs (for powering electric motors).  The follow on question would be if the Triton 2 has the same issue.  Reading the specs on Tower Hobbies website, it appears to be more flexible, like my Accucycle, but before we go back to the hobby store, I wanted to ask.