[NSRCA-discussion] NSRCA Dues Increase

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Mon Dec 25 10:22:18 AKST 2006

My opinions, FWIW. Not meant to be argumentative.

  Even though I have not flown at a pattern contest in almost 10 years, I feel I get my money's worth in the membership. $40 is fine by me. I feel the organization gives back to the members more than that amount.

  However, I do think more can be done to grow the sport. Other than an advertisement in MA, I have not seen much exposure of the NSRCA. What can be done?? That is a good question. I think this is the area that needs to be explored.

  As someone that will be involved with IMAC next year (supporting my son's effort) I do not see IMAC and Pattern as mutually exclusive, in fact I see them as complementary. My son has already expressed interest in entering a few pattern contests next year, since he feels (correctly) that any involvement in precision aerobatics will help his IMAC effort. Instead of some of the pattern community treating the IMAC as adversaries, why not try to work together, particularly in the area of training seminars. We are much more alike than we are different, though there are a few that will disagree.

  Again, not trying to start an argument, just stating my opinions.

  Bob R.