[NSRCA-discussion] NSRCA Dues Increase

Adrien L Terrenoire amad2terry at juno.com
Mon Dec 25 06:55:04 AKST 2006

Ok, my 2 cents worth!!
As president of a local club, and Treasurer for VRCS for the past 6
years. Here is our main way of saving some $$.
frst: Have everyone who is able, receive the newsletter via e-mail. This
eliminates a lot of production cost, mailing costs, and prep cost.
second: go to bi-monthly, or quarterly publication. It is obvious that
bi-monthly will save us 50%.
third: cut out the frills, like color covers. If members select to get
the KF thru e-mail, then they can print it out and get color, without
additional cost to NSRCA.
In our club, eliminating the mailings saved us enough to stave off a dues
increase for 4 years. In VRCS, we have been able to produce a great
newsletter, thanks to Jim Quinn, and the dues are still the same as they
were 12 years ago. For a little under 400 members, we charge just $20 a
year. In the 6 years I have been treasurer we have not had to touch teh
the savings that had been built up in the past, and we operate just on
current dues income, with a few dollars from advertising, very few!!
It can be done, we, as members, just have to let the administration know
what we want. I, for one would vote for a bi-monthly, no frills
publication, made available primarily to members via E-mail.

Terry T.