[NSRCA-discussion] Li Po charging and balancing

Royce Dorsett rdorsett1 at triad.rr.com
Sat Dec 23 12:48:23 AKST 2006

I'm Sorry, She has found a new home....

Thanks
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Fred Huber
  Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 11:22 PM
  Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Li Po charging and balancing

  Small Lipos... I am using a Hobbico "Quick Field Charger Mark II."  It does NiCd/NiMh 1 cell to 8 cell (maybe more cells... thats as high as I have used it for)  And 1 to 3 cell LiPo.  It can charge 2 packs at a time.  0.2 to 2 amp charge rates.  Self detects cell count, you have to cet the cell type and charge rate.  Very handy to have.

  I use an Astro Blinkey ballancer and I'm finding that CHECKING ballance once every 5 to 10 charges is adequate for may packs which do not get doischarged faster than 8C, with an average flight time of 15 min.  Faster discharge rate would be more likely to cause imballance.

  Relatively inexpensive charger and ballancer.    Giving good service.

  Astro has an adapter available for the ballancer for cell types it does not directly fit. The ballancer is good for 2 to 6 cell packs.

  Large LiPos I'm using the Astro 109 (and I ought to send for the update chip...)