[NSRCA-discussion] OS160 Longevity

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 23 04:11:08 AKST 2006

The story I hear is that Cool Power fuels use a higher quality synthetic oil that allows them to run a lower percentage of oil than other manufacturers.

Red Max "Competition"  fuels have a lower percentage of oil than their "Sport" fuels because they feel that competitors will be more discerning in mixture adjustments and will prefer getting the burnable fuel volume up to maximum.

When I switch between the Cool Power and Red Max (Sport) I notice the Cool Power needs to run a couple of clicks leaner.

I run mostly YS 4C engines. All of the Cool Power & Red Max fuels work well for me and I feel if you have problems with either you need maintenance!

John Ferrell    W8CCW
"My Competition is not my enemy"
http://DixieNC.US