[NSRCA-discussion] Sportsman help

John Konneker jlkonn at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 21 06:53:17 AKST 2006

I flew Sportsman this year.
What I found helpful was after takeoff do a regular procedure turn to do the
180 back downwind.
This was as "straight and level" as you could fly, without the varying
airspeed of the uphill/downhill of a Cuban 8 type maneuver.  This more
constant speed allowed me to better check my pitch and roll trim.
For me staight and level flight was a HUGE part of the Sportman sequence.
The better you flew straight and level the better the presentation seemed to
be.
Just my opinion...
John L. Konneker