[NSRCA-discussion] Cooling outrunners

J.Oddino joddino at socal.rr.com
Wed Dec 20 09:18:33 AKST 2006

I do remember Don's Cutlass.  I thought I'd be the only one old enough.  I
suspect we'll  see a "new" look on the nose of pattern birds that won't be
too different from his design.
I'd like to thank everyone who responded to this topic and I'd like to pass
on a link that Don and Chris Atwood sent.  You need to read it a couple of
times but I concluded the annular opening is probably the most straight
forward approach.  Using the spinner as a centrifugal pump and pumping air
out the front and out the prop cutouts is kind of intriguing though.

http://www.djaerotech.com/dj_askjd/dj_questions/turbo_spinner.html

Jim O