[NSRCA-discussion] Cooling outrunners

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Tue Dec 19 06:12:21 AKST 2006

One way this could be done is to allow enough annular room around the
spinner, completely bypassing the cheeks and chin. You only need about 1/8" annular
opening. Just use a smaller spinner than needed and fashion the model nose to
recess the spinner slightly into the annulus.

I have done that on Temptress (engine powered) with good results.

Use the cheeks and chin to route air to the bats.

MattK

In a message dated 12/19/2006 9:28:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,