[NSRCA-discussion] OS160 Longevity

Terry Brox tbrox at cox.net
Mon Dec 18 08:41:33 AKST 2006

Vicente,
        Castor does not hurt the diaphram in YS's. It is the petroleum based products that do. Castor is not ran in YS because it carbons up worse. The higher heat of a 4 stroke, and castor can carbon up everything for the exhaust valve to the tuned pipe, and everthing in between. It does make things more forgiving to lean runs, as castor usually has a higher flash point than synthetics. If I am wrong here, maybe Troy can chime in on the whatnots of YS's. He has a lot of experience with YS and fuels of all types. Terry