[NSRCA-discussion] OS160 Longevity

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at texasairnet.com
Sun Dec 17 17:07:30 AKST 2006

Mike,

Omega fuel has castor in it and that may be the very reason your bearing is holding up.  Seems the castor will coat or impregnate the bearing surface to help prevent oxidation.   I have a ST2300 that is 6yrs old now and has countless number of flights on it with original bearing (knocking on big wood).  The first gallon of fuel through this engine was Omega 10%.  Cant prove that this is the case but it may also not be just coincidence.

Wayne Galligan