[NSRCA-discussion] Incedence meters

Stuart Chale schale at optonline.net
Sat Dec 16 06:15:32 AKST 2006

I have not tried the great planes one, however I wasted my money on the
Hanger 9 one.  It seems to be a great idea but the fit of the parts and the
quality of the meter are so poor that it is impossible to get repeatable
measurements.
The plastic parts can shift by several degrees in their holder and the
electronic meter is off by a few tenths as well each time you move it and
place it back on the same surface.

I use the standard Robart bars (or long bars) with a Smart Level electronic
unit sitting on the bar.  (2 pieces of balsa stock are glued to the sides of
the bar to give it a flat surface to sit on.)

There is another meter that is a bit expensive (250 or so)  That does not
have a bar but is highly accurate and repeatable unit for measuring surface
deflections.  The measuring unit is separate from the display unit.  I will
have to look to find the name.

Stuart