[NSRCA-discussion] Winter practice plane

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at texasairnet.com
Thu Dec 14 17:32:39 AKST 2006

Matt,

I am building two of them at this time also.  One with an AXI motor and the other with a glow OS 61.   These are very well built ARF's and assemble easily.   Only thing I have found wrong with them so far is the landing gear are cambered at quite a bit of an angle.  Mike East who did the review on these on RcUniverse said that they will relax a little and spread out after a dozen or so flights(I hope so).  Only reason I am using a 2-stroke is because I had one. The AXI one is being built for someone else.  It will be interesting to see the difference in the way the two will fly.  I don't like the 4-40 pushrods they have in the kit(way heavy)  Use 2-56 on the ailerons and on the elevator use a c/f rod or put a c.f rod over the 2-56.   I put pull/pull on the rudder, mounting the servo on the bottom of the fuse and used Kevlar and 2-56 eyelets in nylon 2-56 clevis.  The nylon on nylon wont wear a bit.

Wayne Galligan