[NSRCA-discussion] Landing zone

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Wed Dec 6 08:16:41 AKST 2006

Many runways down south are paved and are indeed less than 30 meters wide. Many are about half that width. The wicket is very sticky here because the FAI and AMA regs differ.

On the other hand, many runways here in the north are wide grass areas which are often wider than 30 meters. So these landing zones will be as long as shown in the FAI regs. Based on what we show on the NSRCA website, the AMA and FAI regs appear the same for the wider runways.

Clear as mudd. The CD may always override and present a unified rule for both types of events

MattK