[NSRCA-discussion] 1 1/2 snap technique

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Tue Dec 5 10:59:30 AKST 2006

Keith

Proper execution, and thus good scoring of this manuever requires years of
preparation. First you must win both 402 and 403 at the nationals hands
down....no doubt about it, back to back then win Masters the followin year
in the same manner. This creates the desired halo effect which will then
allow you simply "roll" through this  manuever without getting a zero.

Gray Fowler
Senior Principal Chemical Engineer
Radome and Composites Engineering
Raytheon

"Keith Black" <tkeithblack at gmail.com>
Sent by: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org
12/05/2006 01:48 PM
Please respond to
NSRCA Mailing List <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>

cc

Subject
[NSRCA-discussion] 1 1/2 snap technique

I've seen many discussions on single snaps (pull elevator first, follow
with rudder and ailerons, and even some say reduce ailerons and elevator
as rotations begins, etc., etc.), but I've never seen any discussion
specifically regarding the 1 1/2 snap.

This year's Masters pattern has the 45 degree down 1 1/2 snap. I've gotten
pretty good at both the inverted and upright 45 degree single snap but
this 1 1/2 snap is a different animal in that the up elevator that
initiates the snap will cause the nose to drop after the last 1/2 rotation
if it's left in too long. I've not flown it too many times, but the few
times I've tried it I played with pulling out the elevator and putting in
a little down to try and hold the nose on at 45 degree angle.

I'm curious to hear others thoughts on how to execute this 1 1/2 on the 45
degree downline and keep the 45 degree heading.

Thanks,
NSRCA-discussion mailing list
NSRCA-discussion at lists.nsrca.org