[NSRCA-discussion] Where does center work out

Fred Huber fhhuber at clearwire.net
Tue Dec 5 07:23:20 AKST 2006

the roll rate is EXPECTED to be different between the 2/2 and the slow roll.
I think they stuck the combo in to make sure pilots knew the difference
between a normal axial roll rate and a slow roll rate.

My observation... the ones who were getting good scores had the plane at
appx 1/4 roll in the slow roll as they passed center.  This varied some
based on the difference in roll rates... so being ON Knife edge at center is
not a requirement, just a ballpark indicator.
Note: I haven't been judging Masters, just observing the judges and the
pilots' performance at the local contest.  So I am ASSUMING they were
judging the maneuver correctly.

I'm not sure how long of a hesitation between the 1/2 rolls is allowed
before it gets called inverted flight.... but a longer hesitation between
potentially could put the pause between the 2/2 and the slow roll on center.
(if a long enough hesitation is permissible)