[NSRCA-discussion] cooling area

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Dec 5 05:05:02 AKST 2006

I would believe what Ron said is true, particularly if the air inlet properly ducts the air to where it is needed. Excess Inlet area doesn't do much good if most of the air blows somewhere besides through the cooling fins. Pylon racers are very good at cowl ducting!

  Bob R.

Ron Lockhart <ronlock at comcast.net> wrote:
  About 3 square inches of inlet- if all is aimed directly on head and
cylinder
is sufficient inlet, I have about 9 inches of exhaust outlet.
(also 140RX & Aeroslave)
I know that is a lot less than most folks use, but it's been fine
on my last three 2 stroke/piped birds.

Exhaust air should be twice as much as inlet, 3 times certainly
won't hurt.

Later, Ron Lockhart