[NSRCA-discussion] servo question again

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 4 18:59:10 AKST 2006

Kelly:
I would suggest the 8411SA on the rudder.  It will also handle the elevator
nicely.  I think that Dave Lockhart uses something like an 8317 re-geared in
some way for the elevator, but I can't remember his recipe for that exactly.
Whatever he's doing, it's targeted at the best combination of speed and
torque available from available product. I remember that the specs he quoted
were definitely faster than what an 8411SA would deliver, although at less
torque (plenty for the application though).  As I recall, the reason he does
this is for that extra bit of speed to help get a cleaner break in pitch for
snaps.

Ed