[NSRCA-discussion] 9Z Programming Sheet

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Thu Aug 31 17:04:58 AKDT 2006

Well, there are some programmers that could write a cool PC app. that would
do exactly what you guys want. But... We need to know the protocol that
Futaba uses to store the model data. Not likely Futaba will release that to
the general public. The other choice is to reverse Engineer a Campac or try
to look at the trainer port when you do a model transfer between 2 9Z's.
Sorry, I just don't have the time to do that. Some people have done it
because there is software out there that lets you read model data from a
CamPac and save it to a file on your PC. I think Futaba should offer an
application like Datasafe as long as they don't want to release their
super-secret information. If anybody out there has some free time, start
hacking your 9Z. I'll write the PC app. AND a translator for 8U / 9C / 9Z /
12Z.

If you're looking for a CamPac upgrade / diagnostic tool - Angelos has some
good stuff here:
http://www.spartan-rc.com/products/ultrapac/ultrapac.htm

You can by his CamPac clones in the US here:
http://www.dynmodel.com/ultrapac.html

This allows you to access the service menu on your 9z and re-calibrate the
sticks etc. Really nice - I have one. There were some PC based readers for
CamPacs at one time, but I never saw a "translator". Here's some information
on the PC based CamPac reader:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/wallacelouie/cms.htm

As you can see there is stuff out there - but it's not made by Futaba.

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com