[NSRCA-discussion] 9Z Programming Sheet

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Thu Aug 31 13:06:57 AKDT 2006

I have the Reflex flight sim, comes with USB to ??? buddy box interface. I have the model for the Futaba round buddy box connector. Works great. In fact, my son has just about worn out my old 7UAP transmitter.

  You can record control inputs now, with a flight recorder from Eagle Tree.
  http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Plane/plane.html

  (I gotta get me one of those!!!) Of course, this goes in the airplane, it is NOT connected to the transmitter.

  It would be simple to capture the stick positions if the radio is in PPM mode. (via the buddy-box connector)  Someone would have to reverse engineer the PCM data stream before you could capture that.

  I can backup my model memory in my Futaba radios by using the Ultrapac.
  http://www.dynmodel.com/ultrapac.html

  The other stuff you mention would be cool.

  Bob R.

Bob Kane <getterflash at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Someday . . . . . here is my wish list:

- USB 2.0 connection
- Control Flight Sims via USB
- Backup model configurations
- Aftermarket "converter" software to convert setups
from one brand to another
- Ability to "record" control inputs on a laptop
during a flight so you can analyze them later
- Upgrade the radio firmware
- Diagnostic routines for switches, pots, etc.
- Battery life history